Thursday, March 05, 2009

I just don't get it

I have practically seen everything in NYC. Seriously EVERYTHING! One museum left on the list was the Museum of Modern Art (MOMA). I took my open Friday afternoon and visited the museum (conveniently admission was free that same time....I'm crafty). Anyway, I leisurely strolled through the various exhibits and soaked in all the modern art. I learned that I don’t get modern art. Seriously, I'm sure it is all deep and meaningful to have a giant photo of your nipple on the wall...but I sure don't understand. One girl rolled up stray pieces of hair she had collected over the years into a molded wad of matted hair. Hell, I could find that in my shower drain! One guy had naked models on drugs covered in paint roll around on the canvas. Another mounted a bicycle tire to a stool. Whooooah, impressive. Call me uncouth, but it is just my typical Midwestern opinion. Here are some pictures of pieces that I found interesting or iconic. I’m kicking myself for not taking pictures of the really strange ones and then mocking them on the blog.

A particularly captivating Jackson Pollock painting. Somehow it is interesting far away and up close.



The famous Andy Warhol soup cans.


Pablo Picasso. I’m not fan of his, but the colors and shapes of this one had me staring for many minutes. Something about the round circles interacting with the sharp angular diamonds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home