Monday, February 23, 2009

Old Maid...not if I have anything to say about it

Today is my birthday. My 30th birthday. For some reason, turning 30 has this huge stigma attached to it. Will I suddenly become boring, old, drab, etc? I personally look forward to any reason to celebrate (and of course host a theme party), so don’t see why 30 should scare me…but honestly it does a little bit. I think back to when I was a little girl where eventually turning 15 would signify I was super grown up. Now that I am exactly double that, I wonder what I have done with all those years. I wonder if my original aspirations that I dreamt about as a child ever came true. I didn’t grow up to be the prima ballerina who also worked at SeaWorld on the side (dancing and sea life, I was such an odd little girl). I don’t have a million dollars and a custom built house with secret passageways and spiral staircases. I never learned to play the guitar and piano. I never married my best friend’s dreamy older brother. And I never grew boobs.

Although, none of these things happened, I still give my life an A+. I mean, I cannot count the number of wonderful things I’ve done. Some turned out better than others, but I don’t regret a single one (well maybe swimming in the Hudson River and getting stung by a jellyfish…that friggin hurt). And in the end, I am happy, and shouldn’t that be the real barometer right.

Happy Birthday to me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home