Monday, March 16, 2009

Nothing is final until it is on Facebook.

I’ve put off writing this post for three weeks now. The wounds haven’t healed yet, so this will be a bit painful. Granted, a lot of people already know this bit of news because of facebook. Every time you log on to that website, it gives you the run down on what all your friends have been up to. "The following people have changed their profile pictures…Melissa has commented on Amy’s wall…Brad uploaded new pictures…blah blah blah." I changed by facebook status from “in a relationship” to “single” and the damn program gives you a little broken heart icon. To the programmers out there, thanks guys…you douches!

I know changing my facebook relationship status should be the last thing I worry about after a broken heart, but I’ll call it therapy. Among other things, it was a way for me to force myself into realizing it is time to move on with my life and try to get past the sadness.

Yes, after 16 months, Marathon Man and I are no more. There were I’m sure several reasons and factors that played a part in it, but for the sake of privacy, I’m not going to elaborate more than that. Honestly, I was/am crushed. To make matters worse, it was two days before my birthday. So I was turning thirty and was just dumped. Can you really be “dumped” when you are this old? Maybe they should make a new word for it…something more mature like dissolvement of mutual affection.

Anyway, although it hurt a lot, I’m not angry. I’m just exhausted by the thought that I have to go through the whole familiarity dating process AGAIN! Maybe it is time I get a cat?

Good-bye Marathon Man. I wish you well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home