Sunday, July 26, 2009

Why I'm still single

And by request, here is another bad date story. Actually it may be the worst date ever story. I was looking forward to meeting this one guy. He was cute in this dorky way (super skinny and with a little tuft of hair on his receding hairline that refused to give up…seriously, I wanted to go up and pat that little patch of hair and tell it to “keep holding guys, you hold on there!”). The first hour we spent talking about his family because he is one of eight children! EIGHT! Evidently in a large family, everyone just paired up and had a buddy. He told me about his buddy brother (they were a year apart) and all the crazy stuff they used to do as a kid. Fast forward another hour and my stay in NYC came up. I mentioned living there from 2006 to 2008, and he remarked “oh you were there during the Olympic marathon trials”. I then gushed about seeing all the professional runners and how cool it was but also unfortunate because one guy died and it was really tragic because he was really good and such. Well my date turned pale and got really quiet. He then said in a whisper “that was my brother”. Yeah, the buddy brother! What are my odds! Needless to say, there was not a second date.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home